Community 263 articles

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Nashville, TN
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Nashville, TN
Nashville’s streets hum with music, but the city that’s all about the country is also home to a harmonious Jewish community with multiple resources in place. Find out more about Nashville at...
Mar 20, 2017
By Tova Ross
Interview with Rabbi Haber
Mar 20, 2017
By Stephen Savitsky
Steve and Rabbi Efrem Goldberg Discuss Transgendered People in...
Mar 20, 2017
By Stephen Savitsky
Commentary: Should We Remember Linda Sarsour for Good?
Commentary: Should We Remember Linda Sarsour for Good?
This past week was the holiday of Purim, which made me think about Linda Sarsour. No, I don’t think she’s Haman (that would be Rasmea Odeh, an actual murderer), but I...
Mar 16, 2017
By Rabbi Jack Abramowitz
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Chesterfield, MO
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Chesterfield, MO
Meet me in St. Louis—or, if you’re looking for a burgeoning Jewish community that taps into the resources of a major metro hub, consider Chesterfield, a western suburb of St. Louis....
Mar 15, 2017
By Tova Ross
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Overland Park, Kansas
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Overland Park, Kansas
Kansas evokes images of rolling wheat plains, heartland values and Toto and Dorothy. But Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City (KC), is also home to a dynamic Orthodox Jewish community...
Mar 15, 2017
By Tova Ross
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Stamford, CT
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Stamford, CT
In December 2008, the Committee to Advance Modern Orthodoxy in Stamford (CAMOS) – a communitywide effort to strategically target more young and religiously observant couples to move to Stamford, CT —...
Mar 14, 2017
By Michael Feldstein
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Wynnewood, PA
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Wynnewood, PA
It was 2011, and we had to move from our home.  Raleigh, NC was a great place but was not meeting our religious needs.  While we wanted to avoid a huge...
Mar 13, 2017
By Jeff Rosner
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: East Brunswick, NJ
OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: East Brunswick, NJ
Eschewing the conventional promotional strategies of synagogues and looking for a more engaging, compelling, and memorable touch, Ely Rosenstock of the Young Israel of East Brunswick filmed a parody of “Alexander...
Mar 13, 2017
By Jeffrey Taub
Seattle: Home to Starbucks, Amazon, Microsoft – and Torah
Seattle: Home to Starbucks, Amazon, Microsoft – and Torah
If you enjoy a nice cup of (kosher) coffee, you’re in luck: Seattle, the birthplace of Starbucks, the main base of Amazon and Microsoft, and home of the modern-day tech boom,...
Mar 8, 2017
By Tova Ross

Discover More

email logo

Subscribe To The OU’s Shabbat Shalom Weekly Newsletter

Weekly email newsletter filled with articles, Divrei Torah, upcoming events and more! Sign up today.