Community 263 articles

Orlando Is 4th Fastest Growing City in USA, and Its Jewish Community Is Growing, Too
Orlando Is 4th Fastest Growing City in USA, and...
Minutes from Universal Studios, Seaworld and Disney World, Orlando is known as a popular destination city for its exciting theme parks. Recently named with the highest job growth and the 4th fastest...
Feb 27, 2017
By Sara Spielman
A Visit with Nathan Diament
A Visit with Nathan Diament
Nathan J. Diament is the Executive Director of the Orthodox Union Advocacy Center, where he develops and coordinates public policy research and initiatives on behalf of the Jewish community. Nathan has...
Feb 14, 2017
By Rabbi Yitzchok Frankfurter
Interview with Dr. Loike
Jan 18, 2017
By Stephen Savitsky
OU-JLIC Students & Educators Launch Campaign to Help Firefighters in Israel
OU-JLIC Students & Educators Launch Campaign to Help Firefighters...
L to R: Elan Karoll, Ahava Schachter-Zarembski, and Hayley Nagelberg. For Jewish students at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, the recent devastating fires that spread throughout Israel was an opportunity...
Dec 8, 2016
By OU Staff
How one Florida yeshiva actually lowered tuition
Steve Savitsky interviews Adam Englander, Head of School of the Katz Hillel Day School in Boca Raton, about how his school lowered its tuition by $1,000.
Nov 24, 2016
By Stephen Savitsky
Interview with Rabbi Korobkin: Politics from the Pulpit
Interview with Rabbi Korobkin: Politics from the Pulpit
Steve Savitsky talks with Rabbi Daniel Korobkin, rabbi of Congregation Beit Avraham Yosef of Toronto. They discuss Rabbis talking politics from the pulpit.
Sep 28, 2016
By Stephen Savitsky
First Jewish justice appointed to Argentina’s Supreme Court
From the JTA: Carlos Rosenkrantz, a Buenos Aires attorney and law professor, as well as a former presidential adviser, will be the first Jewish justice on the Supreme Court of Argentina....
Jun 22, 2016
By OU Staff
Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015,...
From the JTA: Anti-Semitic incidents on American college campuses nearly doubled in 2015, the Anti-Defamation League reported. In addition, the number of anti-Semitic assaults across the country increased by more than 60 percent,...
Jun 22, 2016
By OU Staff
My Plea to the Jewish Communtiy
The following article was published in the Queens Jewish Link. Although I am only 24 years old, I see myself as having achieved more than most young adults.  A college graduate...
Jun 15, 2016
By OU Staff
OU Condemns Violent Attack in Florida
No American should be assailed for their personal identity. After the conclusion of the Jewish Sabbath and Holiday of Shavuot, the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America stated its condemnation...
Jun 14, 2016
By OU Staff

Discover More

email logo

Subscribe To The OU’s Shabbat Shalom Weekly Newsletter

Weekly email newsletter filled with articles, Divrei Torah, upcoming events and more! Sign up today.