Here is a Gluten-Free potato matzah ball recipe which you can try out for Dumplings. Good Luck!!
Gluten-Free Potato Kneidlach (Passover Dumplings)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon potato starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Cut potatoes into large chunks and boil in water until soft. Drain and allow to cool
- Once cool, mash with oil, eggs, salt, pepper and dill
- Stir in potato starch until thoroughly combined, and refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour
- Bring soup or a pot of lightly salted water to a boil
- Use your hands to gently form rough ball shapes from one tablespoon of batter at a time, and submerge dumplings in the soup or water – If you prefer, you may use a soup spoon or ice cream scoop to move free-form spoonfuls of batter into the pot
- Boil for approximately 5-6 minutes – The dumplings will float up to the surface quickly but will need several additional minutes to cook all the way through
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.