Throughout this year’s Festival of Lights, many stories circulated the holiday’s message of service, dedication, and hope. Here are some of our favorite photographs.
- Lit Chanukah menorahs in the Warsaw Ghetto.
2. Turkey’s Jews celebrated Chanukah publicly for the first time in 92 years
3. Somewhere in Afghanistan, Jewish servicemen find each other
4. The Menorah that Defied the Nazis
5. Texas Synagogue Creates 16-Foot Lego Menorah
6. Dutch Rabbi Invites Muslims to Lighting of 36-foot-high Menorah
7. Tel Aviv’s Azreili Center on the first night of Hanukkah
8. Happy Hanukkah from the New York Transit Museum
9. German Jewish soldiers in Eastern Europe during World War I. (1916)
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.