.Please note: fresh fruit and vegetables need to be inspected for insect infestation. Please consult our guide
For Whole Wheat cookies try this recipe out, and I’ll post again soon with a sugar free/no sugar added cookie recipe:
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 Tablespoons milk (or parve soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8- 10 minutes or until light and golden brown. Then, save me some. Enjoy!
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.