- 14 oz. Raw Salmon
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon rough Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Cedar plank
- Soak cedar plank in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix light mayonnaise, dill, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut salmon into three servings. Remove cedar plank from water and place salmon on the cedar plank.
- Remove approximately ½ of the mayonnaise mixture into a clean separate bowl, cover and set aside in the refrigerator. This will be used to make the final sauce served on the cooked salmon and you do not want it to become contaminated from touching the raw fish.
- Using a clean spoon to avoid contamination from the raw fish, spread a thin layer of the remaining mayonnaise mixture on the salmon servings on the plank.
- Preheat outdoor grill on high temperature. Grill salmon on the plank for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked through.
- In the meantime, add Greek yogurt to the set aside portion of the mayonnaise mixture which has not touched the raw fish to make a sauce to serve with the salmon.
ABOUT: Barbara Spalding is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who earned a B.S. in Dietetics and an M.S. in Nutritional Sciences from Rutgers University. She completed her Dietetic Internship at the University of Medicine and Dentistry at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences – https://secondactkitchen.com
Excerpt from The Mind Body Synergy Diet, by David Zulberg.
The MIND BODY SYNERGY “Diet” identifies fundamental principles in both ancient and current research, providing a practical system for mastering mindfulness and weight loss. It has just six habits, implemented at the right pace. You add one new habit every 5 days, for 30 days. That’s it. On The Mind Body Synergy “Diet”, your pounds will automatically fall off and you will notice a positive shift in perception, no matter what life throws at you. It is not because you are actively seeking these results but as an expected consequence of reclaiming your born right to be in touch with your natural instincts – a mind body synergy.
Bio: David Zulberg holds a MS from Columbia University and is considered one of the foremost experts on Maimonides’s medical and philosophical works. He is a certified ACE health coach and fitness specialist who is the author of The Life Transforming Diet (Feldheim) and The 5 Skinny Habits (Rodale). David has been featured on popular online and print media outlets. Born in South Africa, he now lives in New York.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.