Try this one out –
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- 1½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 chicken, about 3 lbs. each, cut into serving pieces
- 3 carrots, cooked, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cooked, cut into wedges
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives or parsley, minced
Also, make the meatball mix that you usually make at home and form into mini balls.
- Melt Margarine and oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and cook 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides.
- Discard all but 1 Tablespoon drippings.
- Add next 3 ingredients (carrot, celery, onion) and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute until bubbly.
- Stir in stock and marjoram. At this point, add your mini meatballs.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve with pan juices and sprinkled with chives.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.