YOU CAN TRY THIS RECIPE WHICH I FOUND FOR YOU
- Soak the Esrog for 1 week in water, changing the water daily
- Slice unpeeled Esrog very thinly, and remove seeds
- Boil in water, change water, and repeat twice more
- 4 cups quince apples peeled and cut up
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. sugar
- Water, just enough to cover fruit
- optionally add 5 or 6 whole cloves
- Cook for about 2 hours until it becomes a clear syrup.
- Store in a covered jar for a few weeks.
As an added bonus, you can let it “jellify” (or age) until Tu B’shvat, where it becomes an unusual fruit marmalade to celebrate with.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.