Here is an easy recipe.
- 1½ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sherry
- 2 cup heavy cream, whipped (or pareve whipped topping)
- 3 cup custard, cold
- 7 whole strawberries & mint leaves (garnish)
- Put sponge cake or ladyfingers in small pieces in the bottom of a glass serving bowl, and around the sides if you like
- Top with strawberries, sugar and sherry
- Spoon in cold custard
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with mint leaves and whole berries
- Chill until ready to serve
- Trifle can also be made in individual parfait glasses
- Other fruits may be added in place of all or part of the strawberries. However, the total amount should not excess 1 1/2 cups.
- Drained fruit cocktail may be used.
- I have purchased the soft ladyfingers in many of the major supermarkets.
Good Luck and regards…………
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.