.Please note: fresh fruit and vegetables need to be inspected for insect infestation. Please consult our guide
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups vegetable stock or Broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 ears corn or ( 3 cans of kernels)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the butter and 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cook until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Dust the vegetables with flour and stir to coat everything well. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and the potatoes, bring to a boil for about 7 minutes, until the potatoes break down (this will help to thicken the soup and give it a good texture).
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob and add to the soup. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the corn is soft, about 10 to 12 minutes. If you decide on canned corn, simmer for 5- 8 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and add another Tablespoon of olive oil. Enjoy!
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.