I haven’t made it myself but I did some research and came up with this recipe. Let me know how it comes out.
- 1 packet sponge fingers (ladyfingers)
- 2 teaspoons coffee granules dissolved in ¼ pint hot water
- 3 teaspoons brandy
- 1 carton Rich’s Pareve Whip
- 1 package vanilla pudding
- 1 lb. grated chocolate
I prepared the three mixtures (as listed below) so that all the ingredients were ready to assemble – it was very quick and easy.
- Mix the dissolved coffee mixture with the brandy and leave to cool.
- Whip up Rich’s Pareve Whip and then mix in the vanilla pudding and continue to whip (this mixture will be quite loose).
- For the grated chocolate you can use chocolate drops–and put in the food processor to get quite coarse and crunchy but small pieces.
- Dip half the sponge fingers in the coffee/brandy mixture and lay in the bottom of a 7- to 8-inch dish.
- Put half the cream mixture on this.
- Sprinkle half of the grated chocolate over it and repeat.
- Refrigerate until firm.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.