Health 20 articles

Eating Disorders at School
Eating Disorders at School
How to Spot the Signs & Where to Get Help for College Students
Aug 29, 2017
By Hannah Farkas
“I Had No Idea” The Impacts of an Eating Disorder on the Jewish Community: Holidays, Dating & Marriage
“I Had No Idea” The Impacts of an Eating...
This year’s NEDAwareness Week theme is “I Had No Idea” to raise awareness towards the significant impact eating disorders have on individuals, families, and communities across the nation. The more people...
Feb 24, 2014
By Alex Cook
OU Issues Purim Safety Alert
OU Issues Purim Safety Alert
Let’s be safe on Purim! Bodily harm through intoxication is not a mitzvah no Purim, and driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal, leads to impaired judgement, and could even...
Jan 16, 2014
By Hannah Farkas
Understanding the BRCA Gene
Understanding the BRCA Gene
A Lunch-Break Program for Rebbetzins, Yoatzot, and Kallah Teachers Breast and Ovarian Cancer in our community; Genetics, Knowledge and Prevention
Dec 12, 2013
By Hannah Farkas
Fertility, Medicine and Halacha Conference: Building Healthy Families
Fertility, Medicine and Halacha Conference: Building Healthy Families
    Speakers Include: Rabbi Elie Abadie, M.D., Founding Rabbi Safra Synagogue Natan Bar-Chama, M.D., Male Reproductive Health of New York Medical Director at RMA of New York, Mt. Sinai Keith Berkowitz, M.D.,...
Sep 16, 2013
By Hannah Farkas
Out of Sight, In Plain View
Out of Sight, In Plain View
The Orthodox Union and Project Witness invite you to a webinar on Monday, June 17th at 8:30PM EST to better understand the impact of trauma Holocaust survivors lived through and its...
Jun 6, 2013
By Hannah Farkas
Yeshiva Drug Guidelines
Yeshiva Drug Guidelines
The Orthodox Union, together with FEGS, the BJE of Greater New York and the Yeshiva Counseling Network, in consultation with principals/rabbanim, have prepared Alcohol and drug prevention/ intervention guidelines for high...
May 31, 2013
By Hannah Farkas
Caring for Holocaust Survivors with Sensitivity at End of Life
Caring for Holocaust Survivors with Sensitivity at End of...
Dear Friends, MJHS, one of the largest and most respected not-for-profit hospice and palliative care programs under Jewish auspices, is honored to present you with the enclosed electronic guidebook: Caring for...
May 2, 2013
By Hannah Farkas
Jewish Medical Ethics Conference
For MP3 recordings from our 4th International Jewish Medical Ethics Conference, please click here. Here’s what people have said about our previous Jewish Medical Ethics conferences: “Yasher Koach for a marvelous...
Mar 21, 2013
By Hannah Farkas
Reclaiming the Body: Anorexia and Bulimia in the Jewish...
Judith Ruskay Rabinor, Ph.D. The American Eating Disorder Center of Long Island jrrabinor@gmail.com Originally published in the book “What May I Do With My Body” Jewish Choices/Jewish Voices: Contemporary Ethics, Spirituality,...
Mar 20, 2013
By Hannah Farkas

Discover More

email logo

Subscribe To The OU’s Shabbat Shalom Weekly Newsletter

Weekly email newsletter filled with articles, Divrei Torah, upcoming events and more! Sign up today.