Catch the last breeze of summer with this cold and healthy cooler! Strawberries are easily and readily available in the summertime, and contain antioxidants, vitamin C, manganese, and phytochemicals that are good for body and skin health. With the addition of lemons this drink packs additional vitamin C and potassium, along with apple juice concentrate that sweetens in a good-for-you way!
- 8 oz. strawberries-tops cut off and washed thoroughly with soap or vegetable wash
(note-this is suitable preparation when pureeing strawberries only)
- ¾ cup apple juice concentrate, to taste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water or sparkling water
- Combine strawberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Add the apple juice concentrate, taste and adjust if needed.
- Pour into a pitcher, add the water or sparkling water and enjoy.
Note- the sparkling water is best added right before serving.
(recipe adapted from sugarcrafter.net and cookiemonstercooking.com)
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.