I guess we learn something new every day.It was new to me…YABADABADOooo I came across this recipe which I modified a little. I can’t wait to make it myself. Probably this Shabbos.
Yapchik (AKA Polish Chulent)
- 2 to 3 knee bones, washed (if you can’t get the bones, you can use thinly sliced flanken)
- 7 to 9 large Idaho potatoes, grated as for kugel
- Salt and pepper
- 1 grated onion, optional
- Lay the bones on bottom of a (large) crock pot
- Add the salt, pepper and onions to the grated potatoes and pour over the bones.
- Add some water around the edges and cover first with aluminum foil then the cover.
- Set crockpot on high till it starts cooking, then switch to low.
Let me know how it comes out! The Kitchener Yapchik (I meant Rebbe) :-)
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.