Please note: fresh fruit and vegetables need to be inspected for insect infestation. Please consult our guide
Make extra of the garlic and spread it on challah (or bread). Trust me this roasted garlic becomes an addiction!
- 4 oz. frisee lettuce
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, sliced, core saved for dressing
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Prepare oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a small bowl (that is oven safe) with the garlic, vinegar, honey salt and olive oil. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Place lettuce, orange, avocado in a salad bowl. Remove garlic from oven and squeeze in the juice from the orange core. Mix and pour onto salad and mix well.
Notes & Tips:
If you can buy already peeled garlic, it is ideal for this.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.
Like this article?
Sign up for our Shabbat Shalom e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of inspirational thoughts, insight into current events, divrei torah, relationship advice, recipes and so much more!