.Please note: fresh fruit and vegetables need to be inspected for insect infestation. Please consult our guide
- 300 g (1½ cups) dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Pareve milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 g (scant ¼ cup) confectioner’s sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) Pareve whipping cream
- Fresh berries (optional) for topping
- Place chocolate and milk in a heat proof bowl, set over a saucepan of boiling water and stir constantly until melted and smooth (mixture will be quite thick)
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Place yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer in a bowl then gently fold through chocolate mixture with a spatula until just combined.
- Spoon into chocolate cups and chill for 4 hours, until set.
- Top with fresh berries if desired.
Coffee Liqueur Mousse
- 2 (8 oz.) cartons non dairy whipped topping
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2½ teaspoons cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 6 Tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- Whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate sprinkles, optional
- Whip non dairy topping until stiff.
- Add sugar, cocoa and instant coffee and blend.
- Add liqueur and stir gently with spatula.
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pareve milk (more as needed)
- Whisk together margarine and cocoa.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in powdered sugar gradually and alternate with milk.
Enjoy and let me know how you make out with the mousse. The Kitchener Rebbe
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.