Relax inside or outside with this fresh and easy, colorful summer salad to accompany your guests and the hot weather! It’s quick to throw together—so just sit back and enjoy the last days of summer.
Nutritional benefits of Corn:
- Vitamin C
Easy Corn Salad
- ½ bag frozen corn
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dried cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet spread out the frozen corn and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender. Alternatively, boil 1 to 2 Tablespoons of water on the stove, add corn and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until corn is tender.
- For the Dressing: whisk together the mustard, lime juice, vinegar, and olive oil.
- In a bowl mix together the corn, black beans, bell pepper, scallions, and cilantro.
- Toss with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
(recipe adapted from www.foodnetwork.com)
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.