If you don’t have chicken stock, you can use water with 2 tablespoons of tomato paste or tomato sauce mixed in, but chicken stock is ideal. This dish is so quick but has a depth of flavor. Even people who don’t typically like ‘curry’ flavors will like this because, the cauliflower calms the flavors and the honey gives a sweetness to it.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, pink Himalayan
- 8 pargiot, cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add coconut oil to pan and get hot.
- Add the chicken and sear on each side for 3 minutes per side (in batches if have to).
- Remove chicken and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Let cook on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Place in taco with rice.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.