Please note: fresh fruit and vegetables need to be inspected for insect infestation. Please consult our guide
Here is a nice, fresh, summery recipe. It tastes delicious and since it is spinach, you feel virtuous while you eat it!
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 (6 oz.) bags baby spinach
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ to ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet over a low heat, saute garlic and spinach in oil until softened. Don’t rush it; keep the heat low and let the extra moisture evaporate.
- Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes and stir gently.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes.
- When spinach is fully soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, remove from heat and toss with balsamic vinegar and feta.
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.
Like this article?
Sign up for our Shabbat Shalom e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of inspirational thoughts, insight into current events, divrei torah, relationship advice, recipes and so much more!