Asian Chicken Soup
If you have leftover chicken soup, this is an amazing way to have an entirely new dish. Strain the soup and use it like stock. Discard the vegetables and keep the chicken!! Feel free to add rice noodles, or rice to make it more filling but a few bowls of this hearty goodness and you will never look at leftover chicken soup the same again!
- Course: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Poultry, Soup
- Special Diet: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Sugar Free
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- Pulled chicken (optional) from making stock
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 box bean sprouts
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add ginger and soy sauce and mix well. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- In 4 bowls add, bean sprouts, mushrooms, scallions and spinach. Pour stock on top.
- Let sit for 1 minute and serve.
Chef Zissie runs numerous exclusive and special events and classes for her clients, specializing in flavor. She cooks and teaches in a unique way of using fresh ingredients to create flavor fusions that will wow you. If you don’t have the opportunity to have Chef Zissie as your own private chef, don’t fret! She has a website www.chefzissierecipes.com that was created to plan out your daily dinner menus for you, down to the shopping list. Her recipes are all unique, yet relatable. They are easy, yet impressive. They are extremely healthy, yet bursting in flavor. Chef Zissie has created a name for herself that stands out in the kosher world of cooking, by studying the cuisines of the world and using them as inspiration to help people understand food and flavor in the most non-intimidating and exciting way yet!
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.