YouthCon was created to strengthen informal educators who are impacting thousands of Jewish youth every year. On Sunday, August 21, 2011, hundreds of informal educators from all over the world will gather in Stamford, Connecticut to share their skills, ideas, and experiences. This convention will enable youth professionals, synagogue youth directors, camp educators, student activity coordinators, and other informal educators to network, inspire, and learn from one another’s leadership roles.
Throughout the convention, we hope to address some of the following issues:
- Psychological aspects of youth
- Connecting with youth in a digital age
- Shabbat and holidays programming
- Experiential education
- Israel education
- Israel advocacy for youth
- Programming between formal and informal education
- Leading and training youth professionals (paid and volunteer)
- Professional development
- Summer programming that works
- Work-life balance for informal educators and youth professionals
The words of this author reflect his/her own opinions and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Orthodox Union.