Rabbi Einhorn’s SynaBlog is a new innovative blog that shares tips, tactics, strategies and best practices that enable Shul growth and promote Shul vitality.
Preparing a class is often in the domain of the Rabbi, but a good synagogue is able to widen the net so that it encourages its lay leaders to teach. What follows are some resources to help you prepare aclass in a short amount of time. However, it is your job to make the material dance of the text.
Websites of power:
1. Hebrew Books
Multiple ways to use this website:
- Shas feature
- Rambam database
- Search engine
2. Daf Yomi Advancement Forum
- English with insights to the daf
3. Virtual Beit Midrash
- Plenty of material in the Har Etzion tradition.
- A wide array of topics.
4. OU Torah & YU Torah
- Each Rosh Yeshiva/Maggid Shiur has a different style. Learn how to use each for different purposes.
- A wonderful and relatively new way to collaborate on source sheets with other scholars. Their ever growing database adds an exciting new touch to teaching Torah.
- In my opinion the most powerful part of this website is the user friendly algorithm that helps you create a Source Sheet.
To receive the OU Synablog to your inbox, please click here to sign up.
Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn is a Musmach of Yeshiva University. He has served as the founder of WINGS a Synagogue Consulting group. Prior to moving to Los Angeles, Rabbi Einhorn was the Rabbi of Manhattan’s West Side Institutional Synagogue where he helped grow the membership by 70% over 4 years. Currently, he is the Rav and Dean of Yeshivat Yavneh.