We recently started the Torah again and many (most? hopefully all) of us will be conscientiously reviewing the weekly Torah portion (properly called a sedra but colloquially referred to as a parsha). As always, OU Torah is chock full of useful resources to help Jews of all educational backgrounds get the most out of their parsha review. We’d like to take this opportunity to let you know about just a few of these incredible options.
Of course, we don’t have to tell you about Rabbi Rosner on Parsha, Rabbi Sacks on Parsha or Rabbi Weinreb’s Person in the Parsha, as those are incredibly popular and you no doubt already know about them! But here are a few that may have flown under your radar:
- Shira Smiles on Parsha – for years, OU Torah has featured Mrs. Smiles’ divrei Torah in audio. We recently added a large number of divrei Torah on the parsha in video format, courtesy of Naaleh.com (See? We promised you more Smiles!);
- Rabbi Bernie Fox on Parsha – most of our parsha series get uploaded week by week; Rabbi Fox provides us with a year at a time! There’s a whole year’s worth of new material there right now, just waiting for you!
- Rabbi Yochanan Bechhofer on Parsha – both concise and more extensive shiurim from this prolific lecturer offer profound insights on each sedra;
- Haftarah by Rabbi Jack Abramowitz (yours truly) – excerpted the OU’s wildly-popular Nach Yomi, these brief synopses enable one to quickly understand what’s going on in each week’s haftarah!
- ¿Habla Español? ¡Tenemos tanto Perlas de la Tora del Rabino Israel Lashak como The Shmuz sobra la Parsha del Rabino Ben Tzion Shafier! (Actually, The Shmuz is available both in English and in Spanish!)
- Remember to subscribe to the OU’s daily Shnayim Mikra email – brief insights into each aliyah with links to shiurim from some of OU Torah’s most notable speakers!
As mentioned, these are just a few of the many, MANY, MANY parsha series offered at OU Torah. Check them all out at ou.org/torah or by using the OU Torah app for iOS and Android!