The third Yachad/Jewish Union Foundation (JUF) Job Fair for Individuals with Special Needs will take place on Tuesday, March 24 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery Place in Manhattan from 12 noon to 4 pm.
Yachad, the flagship program of the Orthodox Union’s National Jewish Council for Disabilities (NJCD), provides unique social, educational and recreational programs for individuals with learning, developmental and physical disabilities with the goal of their Inclusion in the total life of the Jewish community. JUF is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals with developmental disabilities to become as independent as possible.
Designed for the job seeker, company recruiter, and business owner alike, the job fair brings opportunities to connect with the area’s best vocational programs; network with local companies and employers; interview eligible and capable candidates for a wide variety of positions; promote and enhance your business; and of course, support inclusion.
Jack Gourdji, JUF executive director, explained, “A Yachad/JUF job fair is a unique opportunity for individuals with special needs to stand out ‘front and center’ and showcase their talents without the heavy competition of standard job fairs. It’s also a great opportunity for employers to find excellent talent that may otherwise go unnoticed.”
Employment prospects that will be presented at the fair include:
- Part- time barista positions available in various locations throughout New York City;
- Administrative and faculty positions;
- Part-time laborers;
- Testing proctors and monitors;
- Receptionist positions;
- Full-time administrative assistant position;
- Computer operators and data entry clerks;
- Volunteer opportunities assisting with therapeutic animals and program staff ;
- Senior court analysis position;
- Assistant law clerk;
- Information technology analyst;
- Senior associate computer applications programmer;
- Per diem court interpreter position;
- Full-time and internship opportunities available within the Department of Civil Service – various locations;
- Airport and customer service positions;
- Retail store opportunities;
- Various openings within the hospitality industry.
Company sponsorship opportunities are available. For employer and job candidate registration, contact Ilana Rosenbaum, JUF executive assistant, at 212-613-83200 or email email@example.com.
Like this article?
Sign up for our Shabbat Shalom e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of inspirational thoughts, insight into current events, divrei torah, relationship advice, recipes and so much more!