This project is financed by the resources of OU Israel and by general contributions made to the OU Israel Emergency Fund. This report relates to activities in Sderot, Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh. All of these workshops took place between July 16-20. There is more work that needs to be done in other towns in Israel’s south. This includes Ofakim, Netivot, Yeruham, Kiryat Gat, Ashkelon, Ashdod and Kiryat Malachi. Contribute to the OU Israel Emergency Fund to help this essential endeavor.
Purposes of this project:
• To lower the post-traumatic effect of continuous attack of missiles on the children and teenagers in southern Israel.
• To identify children and teenagers who have been traumatized by the war and need psychological intervention.
• To treat those who have been traumatized by the war.
• To provide guidance and supervision to the staff working with the children and teenagers who have been exposed to the war.
• Post-trauma interactive workshops for children and teenagers.
• Group post-trauma therapy for children and teenagers.
To learn more click here.
Debbie Gross is OU Israel’s Trauma Team Director.