Rav Schachter will speak at Young Israel of Century City; Yeshiva University of Los Angeles (YULA); Congregation Mogen David; and Beth Jacob Congregation of Beverly Hills.
Rabbi Alan Kalinsky, Director of the OU West Coast Region, declared, “Our community is looking forward to hosting Rav Schachter for what has become an annual event on the OU West Coast calendar. For the third consecutive year, Rav Schachter will visit Los Angeles on the Shabbat on which we recite Selichot. His inspirational Torah messages set the mood for the Yamim Noraim (Days of Awe). I have heard from numerous individuals how they are looking forward to Rav Schachter’s visit.”
Rav Schachter’s schedule is as follows:
• Thursday evening, shiur at a private home in Hancock Park;
• Friday morning, 9 a.m., shiur for OU member synagogue rabbis at Young Israel of Century City;
• Shabbat morning, 10 a.m., shiur at Beth Jacob;
• Shabbat afternoon, 5:20 p.m., shiur at YICC;
• Pre-selichot, motza’ei Shabbat, 10:30 p.m., shiur at Beth Jacob;
• Pre-slichot, motza’ei Shabbat, 11:45 p.m., shiur at YICC;
• Sunday morning, 9:00 a.m., shiur on Hilchot Tekiat Shofar, and
• Sunday morning, 10:45 a.m., participation in a Panel Discussion, “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Tekiat Shofar.”
Registration for the conference is $18 per person, but free for members of OU shuls. Those interested in attending should RSVP Rabbi Daniel Korobkin at 310-229-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.