OU KOSHER’S RABBI MERZEL TO PRESENT SEMINAR AT OCTOBER 26 FOOD AND BEVERAGE SHOW IN MIAMI
Rabbi Mordechai Merzel, rabbinic coordinator for the Orthodox Union Kosher Division, will be a presenter at the 14th Americas Food and Beverage Show and Conference on Tuesday, October 26 from 3-4 p.m. at the World Trade Center Miami.
More than 6,000 industry professionals are to be in attendance, including manufacturers, distributors and buyers within the food and beverage industry, in addition to 350 exhibitors from more than 27 countries.
In his presentation, The Kosher Marketplace: How This Growing Market Can Help Increase Sales and Attract Customers, Rabbi Merzel will shed light on the meaning and implications of kosher certification for food producers, distributors and marketers.
Additionally, Rabbi Merzel will be giving an overview of how companies work with OU Kosher:
• Defining kosher;
• What factors make an item kosher for consumption and others not;
• How to achieve kosher certification;
• The nature of the process to become certified kosher;
• The benefits of kosher certified products;
• What kind of consumers purchase kosher products;
• Not all kosher certifications are created equal.
The OU kosher certification label is the world’s most recognized kosher symbol and can be found on over 400,000 products manufactured in 80 countries around the globe.