The Job Fair, as well as two nights of preparatory sessions, will take place at the OU Convention’s central location, the Ramada Hotel, formerly the Renaissance in Jerusalem.
The actual Fair will be on Tuesday, November 25, from 5:00-9:00 p.m., and will feature live, in-person interviews for residents and newly arriving English-speaking olim with prospective employers. Over 60 companies with locations in Israel have already signed up to interview prospective employees, including KPMG; Greenpoint Technologies; Intel; Jerusalem Municipality; Power Legal; IFN Solutions; and Wall Street Institute. Over 300 people have signed up to be interviewed.
That’s just the beginning. Prior to the Fair, there will be two nights devoted to offering even more help to those looking for employment. Sunday, November 23, from 5:00-7:00 p.m., there will be preparatory sessions that offer:
• Counselors and mentors ready to help prepare those who attend for the process of finding a job in Israel;
• Help with preparing resumes specifically for Israeli employers; and
• Printers on-hand to print out newly written and rewritten resumes at the November 25 Job Fair.
On Monday, November 24, from 5:00-7:00 p.m., there will be:
• Community leaders who will present the strengths of their particular communities and the services provided; and
• Representative real-estate agents, developers, and builders who will guide those who attend in choosing the right community for them, and present information about buying or renting in Israel.
English-speaking communities that will be represented include Ramat Bet Shemesh; Modiin; Efrat, and Gush Etzion.
For more information or to register for the Fair, contact Michael Rosner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-613-8129. Those in Israel who wish to register for the Fair can do so by visiting www.ou.org/jobs and clicking the “Fair” tab.