The Orthodox Union’s Department of Community Engagement, Congregation Sons of Israel, and the Greater Cherry Hill Jewish Community will present a Positive Jewish Parenting Program on “Instilling Jewish Values to Raise Resilient, Responsible and Independent Children,” on Sunday, March 23, at Congregation Sons of Israel, 720 Cooper Landing Road. The program’s sessions range from pre-school to high school.
Registration is $10 per individual and $18 per couple. Child-care will be provided.
According to Hannah Farkas, manager of programs and special projects at the OU’s Department of Community Engagement, “The OU is focused on addressing timely and relevant issues that impact parents as children move from one stage of life to the next. The OU is providing a program complete with practical suggestions, ideas and tips on strengthening parenting skills and raising Jewish children in a secular world. It is our pleasure to partner with OU member synagogue Congregation Sons of Israel and the Greater Cherry Hill community to provide this valuable resource to its membership.”
Speakers include Rabbi Joshua Levy, Executive Staff of Torah Umesorah – the National Society for Hebrew Day Schools; Jonathan Lasson, Psy.D., psychotherapist in private practice; Rivki Jungreis, M.S.Ed., LCSW, psychotherapist for adults, adolescents, and children; Yossi Sirote, LCSW, social worker, and psychotherapist; and Rabbi Tzvi Sinensky, Rosh Beit Midrash at Kohelet Yeshiva High School.
- Raising a Child with Backbone in the Digital Age, with Rabbi Joshua Levy (Pre-school)
- Model the Behavior You Want to See in Your Kids, with Jonathan Lasson, Psy.D. (Elementary/Middle School)
- Deepening the School-Parent Partnership, with Rabbi Tzvi Sinensky
- Setting Limits with Love: When and How to Say “No,” with Rivki Jungreis, M.S.Ed., LCSW (Pre-school)
- Peer Pressure and Bullying: What is the Connection? with Jonathan Lasson, Psy.D. (Elementary/Middle School)
- The Three R’s- Rational, Responsible and Resilient Teens, with Yossi Sirote (High School)
- How to Raise Religious Children in a Secular and Social World, moderated by Rabbi Ephraim Epstein, Ed.S. of Congregation Sons of Israel
Register online at www.oucommunity.org or call 212-613-8300. For questions, please contact Hannah Farkas at email@example.com.
Like this article?
Sign up for our Shabbat Shalom e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of inspirational thoughts, insight into current events, divrei torah, relationship advice, recipes and so much more!