NEW JERSEY YACHAD PRESENTS “SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILY DAY,” MARCH 25 AT EAST BRUNSWICK JEWISH CENTER
New Jersey Yachad will present a “Special Needs Parent Conference and Family Day” on Sunday, March 25 beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the East Brunswick Jewish Center, 511 Ryders Lane. The event is in partnership with and the Jewish Federation of Middlesex County. Registration is required, and space is limited.
Yachad is a division of the National Jewish Council for Disabilities (NJCD), an agency of the Orthodox Union which provides unique social, educational and recreational programs for individuals with learning, developmental and physical disabilities.
Dr. Jeffrey Lichtman, National Director of Yachad/NJCD will present the Keynote Address on “Building a More Inclusive Jewish Community” at 9:30 a.m.
Activities throughout the day will also include:
10:15 a.m.-11:15a.m. Concurrent Workshops
• “Making All Kids Feel Special: How to Address Sibling Issues in Your Family” — Amanda Levy, Clinical Director of the Jewish Union Foundation/NJCD’s Dayhab program
• “Jewish Education for My Child” — Batya Jacob, Program Director of Our Way, the OU’s program for the deaf and hard of hearing; and Bryna Hershkowitz
• “Inclusive Summer Programs for My Child: Everything From Sleep-Away Camp to Travel Programs” — Nechama Braun, Administrator of Yachad Summer Programs; and Dr. Lichtman
11:15a.m.-12:00 p.m. Brunch and Networking
12:00 -12:45p.m.Concurrent Workshops
• “Post-21: Now What?” — Dr. Lichtman; Amanda Levy; and Chani Herrmann, Director of New Jersey Yachad
• “Tools For Dealing With Challenging Emotions of Differently Abled Children and Adolescents” — Belinda Seiger, Ph.D., LCSW
• “Play with My Child, He Won’t Bite” — Batya Jacob
12:45-1:15p.m. Town Hall Meeting with Yachad Staff
Programs for children with special needs and siblings with include a magic show, arts and crafts, sports, and more.
Registration is $25 per person, or $36 per family; brunch and networking session included. Scholarships opportunities are available.
To register and for more information, contact Chani Herrmann, Director of New Jersey Yachad, at 917.885.7178.
OU | Enhancing Jewish Life