Harry H. Beren ASK OU OUTREACH presents Kashrut and You: A Kosher Consumer Education Seminar on Sunday, February 14th 9:30-5:00. The event will take place at Lander College, 75-31 150th Street, Kew Gardens Hills.
The event is sponsored by the Harry H. Beren Foundation of Lakewood, NJ.
“Kashrut and You seminar is unique in that it is the OU’s first full day Kosher consumer education seminar. The focus is on practical knowledge that the educated Kosher consumer should be aware of as opposed to the theoretical underpinnings of OU Kosher policies,” declared Rabbi Yosef Grossman, OU Director of Kosher Education. “This is part of our efforts to broaden the mandate of ASK OU OUTREACH to not only bring quality Kosher education to the Yeshivos, Kollelim and semicha programs but also to the various Jewish communities and educated Kosher consumers as well.”
• Shmaltz is Us – A Discussion of Oils and Salad Dressings with Rabbi Yoel Schonfeld and Gerry Kean-Ventura Foods;
• Current Consumer Dairy Issues with Rabbi Avrohom Gordimer;
• In-Town Kashrut versus Out-of-Town Kashrut – The Maalos and Chesronos of Each with Rabbi Moshe Tuvia Lieff;
• Eating Foods that are a Sakonoh (dangerous) with Rabbi Noach Isaac Oelbaum;
• Basar B’Cholov – The Isur Bishul and the Isur Hano’oh with Rabbi Menachem Genack;
• Safeguarding the Chain of the Current Meat Supply with Rabbi Moshe Elefant;
• The Baking Industry with Rabbi Yisroel Paretzky;
• The Making of Kosher Wine and Grapejuice – an Audio/Video Presentation with Rabbi Nachum Rabinowitz.
The seminar is free of charge and is open to men and women. Pre-registration is
required. For more information call Rabbi Yosef Grossman, Director of OU Kosher Education at 914-391-9470. To register call 212-613-8279, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at www.ou.org.