- Sixth day of Creation, bears, cows, human being.
- Birthday of Kayin and Hevel.
- Sarah, Rachel, Chana each prayed for offspring and were answered favorably on Rosh HaShana.
- Yosef was released from prison.
- The Jews in Egypt were freed from slavery (they did not leave the land until Pesach, but…).
- Zerubavel brought the first Korban on the new Mizbei’ach, 538 b.c.e.
- Ezra read the Torah to the people, 444 b.c.e.
- Jews of Mogilev, Russia attacked during Tashlich, 1645.
- Yahrzeit of the Malbim, 1879.
- Daf Yomi was begun, 1923.
- First Shabbat of Creation.
- Refugee Jews in France deprived of civil rights, 1940.
- Gedaliya, autonomous governor of Judea, assassinated; remnant of Jewish population in Eretz Yisrael exiled.
- First Jewish congregation established in Stockholm, Sweden, 1775.
- Blood-libel in Galatz, Rumania, 1867.
- Yahrzeit of the Chayei Adam, 1820.
- Birthday of Naftali b. Yaakov.
- Rabbi Akiva imprisoned by Romans.
- Jewish community of Berlin was organized, 1671.
- Germany occupied Lukow, Poland, killing many Jews.
- Yahrzeits of Rabbi Levi Yitzchak of Berdichev (1809) and of the Chatam Sofer (1839)
- The wealthy Jewish community of Venice was sacked and impoverished, 1570. (That the success of Jews irks our non-Jewish neighbors goes all the way back to Yitzchak Avinu and the people of Gerar.)
- The town of Netanya was founded, 1927. (It is named after the same person that the street on which the Israel Center is located is named after.)
- Operation Hiram was successfully completed, giving Israel effective control of the Galil, 1948.
- The fourth Rabban Gamliel was removed from office by the Romans, thereby ending the last vestiges of Jewish autonomy, 415.
- Saladin captured Jerusalem from the Crusaders, and allowed Jews to return to the City after an absence of 88 years, 1187.
- The British White Paper, restricting Jewish immigration and purchase of land was published, 1930.
- Traditional Yahrzeit of Shimon HaTzadik. (His Kever is in Jerusalem and makes a meaningful short tiyul.)
- Jews of Lower Bavaria expelled, 1450.
- Yahrzeit of the Abrabanel, 1508.
- Deadline for Warsaw’s Jews to move into the ghetto, 1940.
- Last transport of Austrian Jews left for Theresienstadt, 1942.
- Israeli forces trap the Egyptian 3rd army on the eastern side of the Suez during the Yom Kippur War, 1973.