- Germany decreed that passports of Jews were to be marked with a J, 1939.
- Hundreds of Jews in Cracow were killed during Hakafot, 1555.
- Nazi pogrom against the Jews of Lodz, 1939.
- Major attack in the Negev by Egypt, 1948.
- Alexander I appointed a commission to help improve Jewish life in Russia, 1802. Israeli navy acquired its first submarine, 1958.
- Casimir III of Poland renews Jewish privileges, 1334.
- 180 Jews killed in Munich, 1285.
- Jews of Tunis and Tripoli massacred, 1864.
- Sh’chita banned in Italy, 1938.
- First Jewish deportees left Vienna and Bohemia, 1939.
- Columbus discovered in America, 1492.
- 3,400 Jews of Galicia executed by Nazis, 1941.
- Decorating the outside of a shul was forbidden in Sicily, 1366.
- Censorship of Jewish books in Russia, 1796.
- Jordan entered the Yom Kippur war, 1973./p>
- Eliezer Ben Yehuda and friends decide to speak Hebrew exclusively, marking the beginning of the revival of the language in modern times, 1881.
- JFoundation stone of the Knesset laid, 1958.
- Major fighting between Egypt and Israel resumed, 1948.
- Nazi plan for ghettoizing Jews in all big cities announced by Goering, 1938.
- Episcopal Church cleared Jews of the charge of killing Jesus, 1964.
- Dreyfus was first arrested, 1894.
- First mass deporting of German Jews to Eastern European ghettos, 1941.
- 10 major Nazis were hanged after Nuremberg trials, 1946.
- Political rights of Warsaw’s Jews suspended, 1808.
- Torquemada appointed Inquisitor-General, 1483.
- “Zionism is racism”, 1975.
- Last Crusade ends, 1270.
- Nazi war crimes trials open in Nuremberg, 1945.
- 200 Jews massacred in Germany, 1298.
- British White Paper, 1930.
- Volumes of the Talmud were burned in Venice, 1553.
- Israeli forces sank Egypt’s King Farouk (a ship), 1948.
- 6,300 Jews of Baden deported by the Nazis, 1940.
- Cease fire between Israel and Egypt, Yom Kippur war, 1973.
- Jews of Barbados forbidden to engage retail trade, 1668 (even there).
- Jews of Rome prohibited from erecting tombstones, 1625 (looks like they’d tried everything).
- Netanya founded, 1927 (named after the same person that the Israel Center’s street is named for).
- 10,000 Jews of the Vilna ghetto executed, 1941.
- 20,000 Kharkov Jews fall into Nazi hands, 1941.
- Quisling, Nazi head of Norway, executed, 1945.
- New road to S’dom, 1948.
- Romanian soldiers massacred 26,000 Jews of Odessa, 1941.
- Nazis prohibit Sh’chita in Poland supposedly on humanitarian grounds, 1939 (in light of what they were doing to human beings, this could be the ultimate hypocrisy).
- Mobs attack Jews of Cracow, 1407.
- Belgium bans ritual slaughter, 1940.
- 10,000 Jews removed from Kovno ghetto for execution, 1941.
- Birthday of Montefiore, 1784.
- Town of Carmiel in the Galil founded, 1964 (twinned with Baltimore).
- Bomb in Knesset wounded David Ben Gurion and four cabinet ministers, 1957.
- Anne Frank deported from Auschwitz to Belsen, 1944, where she died five months later.
- Pogrom in Odessa cost 300 Jewish lives, 1905.
- Earthquake killed several hundred Tzfat Jews, 1759.