1. Once the PR team receives the completed intake form from you, we’ll contact you for any other details, as needed. Please ensure the head of your department is aware you’re contacting the PR department to request media coverage.
2. After the PR team receives the intake form from you, we’ll advise whether we can move forward with the request and then contact you with any additional questions and details. We will then develop a PR plan and draft the content.
3. The PR department will send the release or other completed content for your review; your review must include the approval of the head of your department or her/his designee.
4. Once we receive notice of final approval by you and your department head or designee, we’ll seek executive approval. Note that this step may take up to 48 hours.
5. The PR department will pitch the material to appropriate media outlets.
6. The PR department will set up interviews if applicable and share coverage with the contact from your department.
7. Please note: Once we’ve secured media coverage and sent that to you/your department, it is critical that your department then disseminate the piece on your social media platforms, your website (if you have one) and in your newsletters. If you need guidance on doing this, please let us know so we may help.
*All applicable fields must be completed to consider your request
*Requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the initiative/activity
*All requests for coverage must be cleared by your department head before the request may be made
*When sending a PR request, the head of your department must be copied
*If we create a press release or other public relations material, please note you will need to obtain a quote from your department head
*Once the PR department has agreed on a pitching plan, the typical turnaround time is 3-5 days