TAKE FIVE FOR TORAH PREPARES FOR PURIM HOLIDAY
Although it seems like we just celebrated Chanukah, Purim – which begins the evening of March 20 – is virtually around the corner. Take Five for Torah, a popular program that is presented by the Orthodox Union though OU Radio on its website, www.ouradio.org, is preparing for the upcoming holiday by offering a series of thought-provoking Torah insights with Purim-related themes beginning March 10 through Purim.
The Take Five for Torah program of five-minute inspirational messages, developed by Frank Buchweitz, National Director of Community Services and Special Projects, provides opportunities to highlight communities, rabbis, and synagogues from across North America. It is available on OU Radio throughout the year. The daily Take Five for Torah programming presents insights on tefilah (prayer) on Mondays, halacha (Jewish law) on Tuesdays, midot (character improvement) on Wednesdays, parsha (weekly Torah portion) on Thursdays, and Shabbat-related topics on Fridays. The list of rabbis recruited for this year’s Purim-themed insights includes:
• Rabbi Azriel Blumberg, Congregation Kadimah-Toras Moshe, Brighton, MA;
• Rabbi Sholmo Caplan, Congregation Beth Hamedrosh, Wynnewood, PA;
• Rabbi Dovid Wilensky, Congregation Ohab Zedek, New York, NY;
• Rabbi Chaim Goldberger, Kenneseth Israel Congregation, Minneapolis, MN;
• Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow, Congregation Beth Tefilah, London, ON;
• Rabbi Joel Tessler, rabbi of Beth Sholom Congregation and Talmud Torah, of Potomac, MD;
• Rabbi Moshe Frank, Congregation Ezrath Israel, Ellenville, NY;
• Rabbi Stuart Lavenda, Golf Manor Synagogue, Cincinnati, OH;
• Rabbi Daniel Friedman, Beth Israel Congregation, Edmonton, AB
Josh Vogel, Coordinator of Take Five for Torah, says, “The Purim-themed Take Five for Torah is a great opportunity to work a small piece of Torah into your daily schedule in honor of the upcoming holiday. The insightful remarks of the rabbis who present can either be repeated to friends throughout the day, or inspire one to look into the subject matter further. Take Five is a perfect example of a great thing in a small package.”
For further information, and to listen to the programs, access the website, www.ouradio.org/takefive or contact Josh Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org.