ORTHODOX UNION JOINS THE JEWISH WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR TO SPONSOR FIRST-EVER “JWE 2013 WOMEN’S CONFERENCE,” MAY 5 IN NEW BRUNSWICK
When the Orthodox Union heard about The Jewish Woman Entrepreneur (The JWE)—a national educational nonprofit organization focused on supporting Jewish women in launching and growing successful businesses and careers—and its first-ever “JWE 2013 Women’s Conference” to be held this Sunday, May 5 in New Brunswick, the OU was eager to become an event sponsor.
The Conference will take place from 9:15 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at The Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, 2 Albany Street. The Conference is a collaborative effort intended to be friendly and educational for a wide spectrum of observant women.
“Sponsoring The JWE is a natural extension of the OU’s drive to promote and support an infrastructure that enables Jews to lead full Orthodox lives,” explained Malka Pearl, OU manager of special projects. “The OU applauds and encourages the involvement of observant women within business.” The Keynote Address will be given by Talia Mashiach, chief operating officer of Eved an Event Commerce™ company that automates the buying and selling for meetings and events. She will address, “Building a Company While Raising a Family.”
“The Conference will be an unprecedented learning experience,” said Conference Coordinator Chaya Fishman, founder and executive director of The JWE. “Participants will hear from established women business owners and professionals on a variety of topics needed by every business owner to ensure success. Attendees will also hear how many observant women balance their successful businesses and careers with a dedicated and sincere Torah lifestyle.”
A panel discussion, “At The Heart of It All: The Inside Story of the Family/Work Balancing Act,” will be facilitated by Shifra Novograd of Write Now! LLC. The event will feature Devorah Goldblatt (chief executive officer, Advantage Point Test Prep; Tzivia Reiter (author, of Briefcases and Baby Bottles); Saki Dodelson (chief executive officer, Achieve 3000); and Talia Mashiach.
Other topics to be addressed throughout the afternoon include:
Concurrent Sessions beginning at 1:15 p.m.
• Do You Have What It Takes? Deborah Gallant, Business Works
• Speaking Effectively and Your Elevator Pitch Sasha Salama, TV anchor and reporter for CNN, CNBC and Reuters TV; as well as presentation and media trainer
• Hiring, Managing, and Retaining Employees Yitty Gutner, former senior vice president of Citibank
• Working Smarter, Not Harder: Productivity Tools in the Workplace Devorah Goldblatt, Advantage Point Test Prep
Concurrent Sessions beginning at 2:15 p.m.:
• What Kind of Business Should I Start? For Aspiring Entrepreneurs Faigie Horowitz, career counselor and consultant
• Raising Capital, Finding Fund Sources, and Pitching to Investors Talia Mashiach
• Choosing a Business Entity and Protecting Yourself from Liability Yocheved Bechhofer, partner at Shpayher Bechhofer LLP
• Social Media Marketing Made Simple Bonnie Kantor, authorized local expert, Constant Contact
Concurrent Sessions beginning at 3:15 p.m.:
• Developing The Financial Strengths To Support Your Business Growth Rebecca Bar-Shain, partner at Cedar Brook Financial, CFP
• Tapping into your Successful Professional Rebecca Silberstein, partner at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
• The Power of Email Marketing Bonnie Kantor
Concurrent Sessions beginning at 4:15 p.m.:
• Halachic and Hashkafic Issues in the Workplace, Q & A Rav Aharon Tendler, faculty Yeshivas Ner Yisroel; rabbi, Owings Mills Torah Center
• “Creatability”: Getting Creative to Build Your Business Deborah Gallant
• Flexible and Firm: Navigating the Professional World Anne (Chani) Neuberger, special assistant to the director, NSA for the Enduring Security Framework
• The Irresistible Pumpkin: 4 Crucial Steps to Building an Effective Brand Elisheva Appel, chief executive officer of Pinpoint Design
To register, and for further information, visit www.TheJwe.com.
OU | Enhancing Jewish Life