ORTHODOX UNION EXPANDS “POSITIVE JEWISH MARRIAGE” RESOURCES WITH MONTHLY ONLINE VIDEOS AND WRITTEN TIPS BY LEADING ORTHODOX MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS;
AVAILABLE ON OUCOMMUNITY.ORG
The Orthodox Union Department of Community Services | Jewish Community Programs announces the expansion of its “Positive Jewish Marriage” Education resources as a continuing service to better enhance healthy marriages. Beginning in October, monthly online written tips and brief online videos (10-25 minutes) from Orthodox mental health professionals specializing in marriage enrichment will offer practical ideas for marriages.
For six years, the OU has organized successful and popular sold-out “Marriage Enrichment Retreats” for couples of all ages to strengthen and enhance good marriages, within the context of Torah and Halacha. The sessions were well attended, but the online programs now extend the advice on strengthening Orthodox Jewish marriages to much larger audiences across the world.
The additional resources will be featured on the OU Community Services website, www.oucommunity.org.
Video topics include:
• “Forgiveness in Marriage,” featuring Dr. Rona Novick, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist;
• “Second Marriage And Blended Family: Nightmare or Redemption,” featuring Dr. Normal Blumenthal, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist;
• “Keeping Your Marriage Romantic and Fun,” featuring Tobias Jungreis, Marital Counselor;
• “The 6 C’s of Conflict Resolution,” featuring Rochelle Harary, MS, Licensed School Psychologist and Mental Health Counselor;
• “How to Fall in Love with your Spouse for Life,” featuring Lauren Roth, LSW, Psychotherapist;
• “Building and Rebuilding an Inspired Marriage,” featuring Sara Baris, PsyD. Clinical Psychologist;
• “Myths of Marriage: Helpful Tips for Couples,” featuring Dr. Alan Singer, Ph.D., marriage and family therapist;
• “Increasing Intimacy in the Age of Facebook & Twitter,” featuring Rabbi Dovid Cohen, Rabbi of the Young Israel of the West Side in New York;
• “The One Rule for Marriage,” featuring Rabbi Simcha Feuerman, LCSW-R;
• “Making YOUR Marriage Grow,” featuring Rabbi Ephraim Epstein, Senior Rabbi at Congregation Sons of Israel in Cherry Hill.
The written topics can already be found on the OU Community Services website, beginning with a focus on “Communication Skills.”
OU | World’s Largest Jewish Resource
Like this article?
Sign up for our Shabbat Shalom e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of inspirational thoughts, insight into current events, divrei torah, relationship advice, recipes and so much more!