With the delicious aroma of the last remaining hamentaschen from Purim still present in people’s senses, the Orthodox Union West Coast Region will begin its annual Ralphs Kosher for Passover Supermarket Tours. From Wednesday, March 30 through Thursday, April 7, OU West Coast Director Rabbi Alan Kalinsky and Rabbi Reuven Nathanson, OU Kosher West Coast Region senior rabbinical field representative and director, will present practical workshops on holiday preparation at selected Ralphs stores in Los Angeles and vicinity.
Passover begins Friday evening, April 22.
The schedule is as follows. In all cases, there will be sample tasting at 7:00 p.m. followed by the tour at 7:30 p.m:
- Wednesday, March 30, La Brea, Rabbi Nathanson
- Thursday, March 31, Pico/Beverwil, Rabbi Kalinsky
- Thursday, March 31, Calabasas, Rabbi Nathanson
- Monday, April 4, Sherman Oaks, Rabbi Kalinsky
- Tuesday, April 5, Northridge, Rabbi Kalinsky
- Wednesday, April 6, Irvine-Woodbridge, Rabbi Kalinsky
- Thursday, April 7, Torrance-Rolling Hills, Rabbi Nathanson
- Thursday, April 7, West Hollywood-Beverly/Doheny, Rabbi Kalinsky
Rabbi Kalinsky declared, “We are thrilled to partner with the Ralphs Grocery Company! Ralphs is the leading chain in Southern California serving the Jewish community.”
In addition to individuals, synagogue groups and organizations, there will be refreshments as well as a raffle at the conclusion of each presentation.
For further information, including store addresses, contact 310-229-9000, ext. 200.