Along with the OU reception in Jerusalem, more than eighty members of the OU’s Benefactor’s Circle gathered at the New York private residence of Dani Dayan, the Consul General of Israel in New York, to celebrate the US Embassy’s relocation. Nathan Diament, Executive Director of the OU Advocacy Center, Rabbi Chaim Steinmetz of Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun in New York and Ambassador Dayan shared insights on the importance and relevance of Israel’s capital, followed by a live simulcast of the dedication of the US Embassy.
Watch: OU’s Historic Efforts
For almost 50 years, the Orthodox Union has been involved in lobbying the US Government to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Learn more below.
Watch: Recording of OU Celebration
Watch a recording of the special OU celebration in honor of the U.S. Embassy’s move to Jerusalem that took place on Monday, May 14. Israeli and American dignitaries were in attendance to celebrate this historic milestone for Israel and the Jewish people.
Dignitaries at the event include:
- Uri Ariel, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Naftali Bennett, Minister of Education
- Rav Eli Ben Dahan, Deputy Minister of Defense
- Ze’ev Elkin, Minister of Jerusalem Affairs and Minister of Environmental Protection
- David Friedman, US Ambassador to Israel
- Jason Greenblatt, US Special Representative for International Negotiations
- Isaac Herzog, Member of Knesset and Head of the Opposition
- Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau, former Chief Rabbi of Israel
- Steven Mnuchin, US Secretary of Treasury
- H.E. Amb. Michael Oren, Former Ambassador to the United States, Member of Knesset
- Rick Scott, Governor of Florida
- Ayelet Shaked, Minister of Justice