OU AND SEPHARDIC BIKUR HOLIM JOIN FORCES TO PRESENT SIX-PART ‘PARENTING UNIVERSITY,’ JANUARY-JUNE, IN DEAL COMMUNITY
The Orthodox Union and Sephardic Bikur Holim (SBH) will present “Parenting University,” a six-part series, to be held one Wednesday a month from January to June in the Deal community of New Jersey, focusing on varied aspects of raising children, and featuring noted parenting experts from the Orthodox community. Each session will be held at SBH’s offices at 200 Norwood Avenue in Oakhurst from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
‘It is with great enthusiasm that the Orthodox Union works in conjunction with Sephardic Bikur Holim and brings its highly successful parenting programs to Deal as it strengthens ties with the Syrian community,” declared Frank Buchweitz, OU National Director of Community Services and Special Projects. “Our Positive Jewish Parenting and Positive Jewish Marriage programs provide outstanding practical suggestions, tips and advice to strengthen our Jewish families. We are pleased to be joining with Sephardic Bikur Holim for the next six months in this educational venture – so much so, that we are terming these sessions ‘The SBH Division Parenting University.’”
According to Anat Torovezky MSW, Director SBH New Jersey Division, “As a community- based agency, SBH offers a variety of services for individuals as well as families. The Parenting University Program is one of these services. It was designed to educate parents on contemporary issues and address different topics. It is our hope that this lecture series will raise awareness and help parents find creative solutions to common challenges.”
“The Orthodox Union, a professional and widely accepted organization, has agreed to partner with us so that we can offer this exciting and valuable program to our community. We look forward to seeing everyone there.”
The following programs will be offered – be sure to Save the Dates!
• January 5, “Helping Your Child Become a Leader: Maximizing Your Child’s Potential and Developing Positive Self-Esteem,” with Dr. David Lieberman;
• February 2, “When and How to Say No,” with Lauren Roth, LSW;
• March 2, “How to Prevent Children from Becoming Bullies and Being Bullied,” with Dr. Stephen Glicksman;
• April 6, “Empowering Your Child to Be Socially Successful,” with Lauren Roth, LSW;
• May 4, “Growing Closer to our Children,” with Ruchie Harary, MS;
• June 1, “Keeping our Children Safe this Summer,” with a speaker to be announced.
Admission is $10 per session in advance, $15 per session at the door. For information and registration, contact SBH at 732-531-1117.
OU | World’s Largest Jewish Resource