Position Title: OU Executive Fellow
Location: This position is based in Downtown NYC and requires some weekend and evening hours.
Employment Type: Full time, benefits eligible.
Employment Dates: Monday, August 21st, 2023 through Friday, June 28th 2024.
(30+ hours per week plus fellowship requirements.)
Salary: $40,000 on an annualized basis plus benefits package
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 17, 2023
DECISION DATE BY: May 15, 2023
The Orthodox Union helps, inspires, and serves tens of thousands of individuals in the Orthodox and broader Jewish community through its broad array of programs and community-based initiatives. The Executive Fellowship will enable highly talented and idealistic Orthodox college graduates to develop critical leadership skills and experience while playing a substantive role in the OU’s communal mission. The Fellowship is designed to encourage and enable lifelong leadership, activism and service of the Jewish people, whatever an individual’s ultimate career path will be. Fellows will be part of a select cohort that will receive specialized training, professional development, and mentorship as they engage in critical work for the Jewish community. We anticipate the development of a unique cohort of alumni of the program that support each other’s efforts and continue to play important Jewish communal roles, whether in a professional or lay capacity.
Fellows are required to be based in the New York tristate area, while also serving as representatives of OU programs and ambassadors for the Jewish community in their local areas, but will be required to attend in-person training and cohort-building.
About the OU
The Orthodox Union (ou.org), founded in 1898, supports the Orthodox Jewish community around the world through Jewish teen outreach, Kosher certification, Orthodox Synagogues, social action, public policy and community development programs.
Please ensure that you have uploaded ALL the documents and answered ALL the questions before submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the OU Executive Fellowship Program or application process. We look forward to hearing from you!
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
Please be prepared to submit the following materials with your application:
- A resume highlighting your relevant academic, extracurricular, and/or professional experience.
- A brief statement of interest (350 words or fewer) explaining why you are interested in serving as an OU Executive Fellow.
- Essay questions – please choose one of the prompts below and write a short essay, no more than 500 words in length:
- Identify an issue or problem in the broader Jewish community. What are the key challenges? What steps could the Jewish community take to address this issue in a productive way?
- Who do you consider as a Jewish role model outside of your family and why?