A unique opportunity for Orthodox women educators and leaders
The Art of Speaking Advanced Seminar: an intensive seminar course
for intermediate and advanced speakers
Develop your “Art of Speaking” in both live presentations and virtual forums. Engage in workshops with experts in the field, participate in small group coaching sessions led by professional coaches, develop relationships with a select cohort of accomplished OU Women’s Initiative educators and leaders.
- Gauging the audience and expectations and keeping them engaged
- Creating content that inspires – building a shiur or pitch
- Building warmth and credibility authentically, communicating in a virtual sphere
- Presenting oneself – eye contact, posture, gestures, expression, vocal modulation, dress
- Presenting in a virtual world – lights, camera, sound, positioning, backgrounds
- Providing feedback, receiving feedback, and self-critique
- Getting past the anxiety of speaking and recording
- Planning and facilitating effective meetings – online and in-person
- Negotiating effectively – 5 habits of effective work/life negotiating skills
- Understanding contracts and ownership of recordings
- Presenting data, sources and pop culture – preparing slides, cataloging, incorporating
Barbara Gottesman, LL.B, CPCC, Certified Executive & Communications Coach, Keynote Coach TEDx Palo Alto
Deborah Grayson Riegel, MSW Keynote speaker and leadership consultant , leadership and communications instructor, Wharton Business School and Columbia Business School.
Rabbi JJ Schacter, Senior Scholar at the Center for Jewish Future and Professor of Jewish History and Jewish Thought, Yeshiva University
Rabbi Dovid Bashevkin, Director of Education, NCSY, Instructor, Yeshiva University, podcast host and author
Rabbi Efrem Goldberg, Senior Rabbi, Boca Raton Synagogue, nationally recognized speaker and author.
Rachel Sims, Esq., General Counsel of the Orthodox Union
- December 3: Application period opens
- December 21: Final date to submit applications
- December 24: Cohort announced
- January 10 – February 7: Five seminar workshops Click here for schedule.
- February 8 – 17: Small group coaching (guidance and feedback for final presentation) Click here for schedule.
- March 7: Final Session – Presentation Day
This course is heavily subsidized by the OU Women‘s Initiative.
(A limited number of additional subsidies are available.)
For further questions, or to inquire about further subsidy, please contact Adeena Mayerfeld, Program and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-459-5131