Create and Connect:
National Program Cohorts
We are excited to announce an innovative opportunity to further impact women’s programming and lay leadership collaboration. The four successful programs outlined below were inspired and funded by the OU Women’s Initiative and will be scaled on a national level as we build “Create and Connect: National Program Cohorts.”
Four national programming cohorts will be developed – one for each of the four programs.
What are the four programs?
- Eishet Chayil Initiative (health and wellness)
- Your Voice Our Community (leadership development)
- Saturday Night IN(side) Torah (community building programming)
- Thrive Women’s Professional Mentoring Program
What does Create and Connect provide?
- Cohorts of 5–10 synagogues across North America working together to adapt programs to their respective communities
- Guidance from facilitators who designed and implemented the original program and OU Women’s Initiative staff.
- Detailed program guide to building a successful program
How do I join a cohort?
- Read program descriptions below
- Click here to register for a cohort.
How will the cohorts run?
- Cohorts will begin with a video conference “launch meeting” with a presentation from the facilitator who designed the program
- Cohorts will work together via a WhatsApp group and occasional conference calls
- Synagogues will follow a similar calendar as they adapt and implement programs.
What are my synagogue’s responsibilities toward this program?
- Attend launch meeting (video conference) and follow up conference calls.
- Follow calendar and work collaboratively with the cohort group
- Complete detailed program summary form and submit materials at the conclusion of the program
What is the program timeline?
- December 31, 2019: Registration opens
- January 21, 2020: Registration forms due
- February 5, 2020: Cohorts announced
- February 10, 2020: Acceptance forms due
- February – March, 2020: Planning calls and meetings
- March 17, 2020: Program outlines due – for programs to be implemented between February and December 2020.
- December 10, 2020: Program summary form and addendums due.
For more information, please contact:
Program and Operations Manager, OU Women’s Initiative
firstname.lastname@example.org or (646)459-5131