As Rosh Hashanah approaches, the OU hopes the work and efforts of our departments will strengthen and uplift our communities and Klal Yisrael in the coming year.
Our plans for the upcoming year include:
- Impact Accelerator is accepting applications for their second cohort.
- Kosher Food Lifeline is matching food donations from manufacturers to kosher pantries in Jewish communities.
- OU Advocacy is working to secure greater funding for the federal Nonprofit Security Grant Program to protect more Jewish day schools, shuls and other nonprofits against terror attacks, and to repeal an unfair, unprecedented federal tax on shuls and schools.
- OU Center for Communal Research is launching a major Jewish singles study.
- OU Israel presents Torah Yerushalayim, The OU’s day of learning and inspiration in Israel for the first time.
- OU Israel Free Spirit: Birthright Israel Register for your once in lifetime Birthright trip to Israel this Winter or Summer ages 18-32 www.israelfreespirit.com/app
- OU-JLIC opens programming on a brand-new campus; Bar-Ilan/Givat Shmuel in partnership with Mizrachi
- OU Kosher certifies over 1 million products worldwide.
- OU PressOU Press has upcoming new books from Rabbi Dr. Norman Lamm, Rabbi Ari Kahn, Dr. Jerry Hochbaum as well as the Yachad Siddur and the Halacha Yomis compendium.
- OU Torah prepares for Torah NY and a major expansion of the Daf Yomi Initiative
- NCSY has run over 100 relief missions to communities across America.
- The Pepa & Rabbi Joseph Karasick Department of Synagogue & Community Services prepares for the 2019 Communities Fair featuring over 50 communities.
- Teach Coalition starts working on behalf of the nonpublic schools students of Toronto with TeachON.
- Women’s Initiative is bringing Pre-Selichot learning to women in the tri-state area and around the world.
- Yachad following up on its success of new community centers in NJ and New England, Yachad hopes to launch new centers around the country.
All of our programs depend on your financial support. Please consider making a donation and partnering with us for 5780.