This is an amazingly quick recipe IF you have really good chicken stock or leftover chicken soup. It’s important to have a really good base to have a flavorful soup!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- ½ red chili pepper, seeds removed for less heat
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Prepare pot on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add leeks and chili pepper and mix well let cook for 5 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add rest of ingredients except basil. Bring to boil and turn down. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off and add fresh basil when ready to serve. Add salt to taste.