- 4 Whole wheat pita breads
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (you can use up to 1/4 cup per pizza, no more than that!)
- Pizza sauce
- Warm your pita bread in a toaster oven or in a pan over low heat and chop your vegetables
- Top 1 pita bread with 1 to 2 Tablespoons sauce, and a handful of each of the vegetables.
(Use as much as you like – the more vegetables, the more fiber and nutrients are on your pizza! I like to use a ton of vegetables.)
- Top with ¼ cup of cheese, or less depending on how much cheese you like (1/4 cup is about 100 calories)
- Heat the pizza in a toaster oven until the cheese melts.
Alternatively, if you don’t have a toaster oven, you can heat the pizzas under a broiler at 350°F until the cheese melts (or in your regular oven at 350°F).