{{location.city}} {{location.region}} {{location.country}}
{{zmanim.engDateString}} / {{zmanim.hebDateString}} / {{zmanim.parsha_shabbos}}
~ {{formatTime(zmanim.sunrise)}} ~ {{formatTime(zmanim.sunset)}} Candles ~ Fri.{{formatTime(zmanim.candle_lighting_shabbos)}}

Life

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Norfolk, VA

March 22, 2017, by

People in colonial dress, men and women in naval uniforms, and men in black hats—all three styles are not unusual in Norfolk, which has been a home to a growing Jewish community for years, in addition to a major naval base, and is located right near Colonial Williamsburg. Find out more about Norfolk at the

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Twin Rivers, NJ

March 22, 2017, by

Location, location, location—while many newcomers to the Jewish community of Twin Rivers, NJ, first come for its central placement between Manhattan, the Jersey Shore, and Philadelphia, they stay for the warm, small town atmosphere. Find out more about Twin Rivers at the OU Jewish Communities Fair on April 30 Hadas Rosenthal has lived in Twin Rivers

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Nashville, TN

March 20, 2017, by

Nashville’s streets hum with music, but the city that’s all about the country is also home to a harmonious Jewish community with multiple resources in place. Find out more about Nashville at the OU Jewish Communities Fair on April 30 The area within the eruv, home to most of the observant Jewish community, is affectionately known

Commentary: Should We Remember Linda Sarsour for Good?

March 16, 2017, by

This past week was the holiday of Purim, which made me think about Linda Sarsour. No, I don’t think she’s Haman (that would be Rasmea Odeh, an actual murderer), but I did wonder whether or not Sarsour might be Charbonah. If you’re not instantly sure who Charbonah is, don’t feel too bad. He’s about as

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Chesterfield, MO

March 15, 2017, by

Meet me in St. Louis—or, if you’re looking for a burgeoning Jewish community that taps into the resources of a major metro hub, consider Chesterfield, a western suburb of St. Louis. Find out more about Chesterfield at the OU Jewish Communities Fair on April 30 Tpheris Israel Chevra Kadisha Congregation (known as TICK), is the

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Overland Park, Kansas

March 15, 2017, by

Kansas evokes images of rolling wheat plains, heartland values and Toto and Dorothy. But Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City (KC), is also home to a dynamic Orthodox Jewish community growing in small, but certain steps. Find out more about Overland Park at the OU Jewish Communities Fair on April 30 “Much of Overland

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Stamford, CT

March 14, 2017, by

In December 2008, the Committee to Advance Modern Orthodoxy in Stamford (CAMOS) – a communitywide effort to strategically target more young and religiously observant couples to move to Stamford, CT — was launched, with the goal of attracting more families to move to Stamford. Find out more about Stamford at the OU Jewish Communities Fair

OU Jewish Communities Fair Snapshot: Wynnewood, PA

March 13, 2017, by

It was 2011, and we had to move from our home.  Raleigh, NC was a great place but was not meeting our religious needs.  While we wanted to avoid a huge community in the New York area, staying on the East Coast was necessary, so I could continue to operate my small law firm in

© 2017 Orthodox Union | All Rights Reserved