OU Torah offer a lot of great daily emails. Among these are:
- Nach Yomi – a chapter a day from the books of Neviim and Kesuvim (the Prophets and the Writings);
- Shnayim Mikra – an aliyah a day from each week’s Torah portion; and
- Mishna Yomit – two mishnayos a day.
Each of these includes a text synopsis of the material (in English) by OU Torah editor Rabbi Jack Abramowitz and a link to the OU Torah web site where subscribers can access the text in the original Hebrew and a shiur on the day’s lesson from a variety of popular maggidei shiur. (Just a few of our regular speakers include Rabbi Dr. Tzvi Hersh Weinreb, Rabbi Dr. Gidon Rothstein, Rabbi Menachem Leibtag, Rabbi Yitzchok Etshalom, and many others!)
Additional OU Torah emails include:
- HaShoneh Halachos 2: Mishneh Torah – two halachos a day from the Rambam’s magnum opus, paraphrased in English; and
- Shavua Tov – a Saturday-night round-up with links to the coming week’s OU Torah shiurim in parsha, Daf Yomi, Nach Yomi, mishna, halacha and more much!
And, while not from OU Torah, OU Kosher offers the popular Halacha Yomis daily email!
But one question we get a lot is, “Can you sign me up for the Taryag email?”
When this happens, we must explain – with tears in our eyes – that the Taryag email only ran once – from May 2010 through May 2013. Since then the Taryag series has been available online but not as a daily email.
By popular demand, the Taryag daily email is back! The new Taryag daily email, with insights on each mitzvah based on the Sefer HaChinuch, will go out every day except for Shabbos and yom tov. As an added bonus, each daily email will contain a link to the analogous shiur on OU Torah from Rabbi Shalom Rosner on Sefer HaMitzvos.
So sign up now because Mitzvah #1 is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2! (and if you want to subscribe to any of those other emails we talked about, you can do so here.)
And check out The Taryag Companion (as well as The Nach Yomi Companion and The Shnayim Mikra Companion) at OU Press!
Like this article?
Sign up for our Shabbat Shalom e-newsletter, a weekly roundup of inspirational thoughts, insight into current events, divrei torah, relationship advice, recipes and so much more!