Innovation is rooted within Jewish thought, prayer, and action. In the current age of entrepreneurship and creativity, Jewish social entrepreneurs are building everyday, creating ventures that address our community’s biggest needs.
We want to support the innovators of our community.
The Impact Accelerator will work with Orthodox nonprofit entrepreneurs that cater to the North American Jewish Community. The Accelerator will select ventures which provide goods and services to the Orthodox community in ways that are related to its unique cultural or religious needs and that might not otherwise be made available to the community. Preference will be given to ventures that:
- Address critical needs of the Jewish community
- Have been in existence for more than one-year
- Are operated by tax-exempt organizations or plan to seek tax-exempt status
The Application Process
Innovative, early-stage nonprofit entrepreneurs should request an online application via “Get Involved“
- Online Application – request an application via Get Involved. 2018 applications are currently closed, and will reopen Spring 2019.
- Interview – interview with the OU Innovations team
- Pitch – pitch your venture to the OU Innovations Board
- Cohort – begin learning with a cohort of social entrepreneurs in October – November 2018
Accelerator entrepreneurs will participate in in-person and virtual training, as well as cohort town-halls. Course topics include: leadership, organizational clarity, fundraising, storytelling, operations, and more. Entrepreneurs will also work with lay leader professionals and OU experts to develop customized training to accelerate their ventures.