OU AND PARTNERS TO PRESENT CONFERENCE ON ‘RABBIS AND HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF CONGREGANTS,’ JULY 23 IN TEANECK
The Orthodox Union Department of Community Services | Jewish Community Programs, in conjunction with the Rabbinical Council of Bergen County and the Rabbinical Council of America, will present “A Conference on: Guard Not Only Your Tongue, but Your Entire Body,” a professional development Mishmeret Guf workshop for rabbis on the importance of personal care and well-being of congregants.
The Conference will be held on Monday, July 23 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Congregation Beth Aaron in Teaneck. Attendance is limited to rabbis. There is free admission, including dinner, for rabbis who RSVP.
The panel to date includes:
• Dr. Michael Muschel, M.D., F.A.C.C.
• Dr. Julius Gardin, M.D., Chairman of the Department of Medicine, Hackensack Hospital
• Rabbi Steven Pruzansky, Rav of Congregation Bnai Yeshurun, Teaneck
• Rabbi Richard Weiss, M.D., Rav of The Young Israel of Hillcrest, Queens, and
• Rabbi Eliezer Zwickler, LSW.
"It is critical that rabbis promote good health practices, both in their own personal interest and in setting a proper example for others in the community. It is elementary pikuach nefesh (the saving of lives),” said Rabbi Pruzansky.
OU | Enhancing Jewish Life